Eh Brah, where you stay?

Altadena, CA. Hopefully I can post a map of Europe sometime this summer.
...
View My house in a larger map

22 July, 2009

Takin' Care Of Da 'Hood.

Last week I found this in my yard. It came from here. Now why would this come that came from here end up in my yard? Well because this came from the tree in my yard. So when the guys came to make this do this, they must have cut this out of the way and put it in my yard.

And I'm glad they did. This street light which is across the street from our house has not been working properly for over two years I would guess. It used to come on for a second, then shut off, then warm up and pop on again, then shut off. It kind of sucked. It took me a while to do anything about it because, well, up until last summer, I wasn't home a lot (damn touring).

Since last summer, I've called a couple of times to different telephone numbers to get the street light fixed. There was a number in the phone book in the government section, and when I'd call that, it went to some guys voicemail. Then at the beginning of this year, we always get a booklet for the Altadena community, next to the sheriff's numbers was another phone number for street light repair. I called that one and actually spoke to a person who took down all the information, but never sent anyone out.

So a while back, the power went out in our house so I called Southern California Edison to find out what was going on. Among the myriad of choices was, "To report a streetlight out, press 6", I didn't because I wanted to figure out what was wrong with the power.

About a week ago, I finally sat at the computer and went to the SoCal Edison website to see if there was a place to report a broken streetlight. There was, so I entered all the information and clicked, "Report". The next day I got an email from SoCal Edison saying thank you for the report and they'll send someone out when they can. I took this to mean, "Some time this century, we'll get to it."

But lo and behold the very next day the street light was fixed.

Just takin' care of the 'hood.


...

1 comment:

carla and toddler aya said...

block party time